- The Couch to 5K/C25K plan has turned many, many couch potatoes into runners and is a wonderful way to get started with or back into a fitness program.
- Personal Running Trainer developed the programs that I used to train for my first 10k and my first half-marathon.
- I used an adapted version of Hal Higdon's Novice Half-Marathon Plan to train for my second half-marathon.
Fitness & healthy living
- Blogilates is not for the faint of heart but is a very fun fitness community and YouTube channel. I do not follow the recommended workout calendar or diet plans, but I do exercise to the videos several times a week.
- FitSugar is a "glossy" health and fitness site with lots of quick tips and encouragement.
- Kim Rock's Fight Like a Girl is a women's "personal violence protection" and fitness program. I discovered a local affiliate recently and highly recommend checking it out.