Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Running Update

My running update today is more aspirational than inspirational; my last true run was six days ago and was only 3.5 miles. It was a good run, though!

It's the beginning of a new academic year, which is always busy, and there have been some unexpected urgent chores and family/friend demands, which have put a damper on my exercise in the past couple of weeks.

I'm going to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible... though right now "as soon as possible" is looking like it might be Sunday!

To motivate me, I have this shiny beauty, a birthday gift from my supportive husband:

A Garmin Forerunner 110!

I tried to take it out for a spin on Monday evening, but I hadn't realized that it doesn't go into powersave mode all by itself. At least I'm assuming that's why it had a low battery a couple of days after being completely charged. I made it a quarter of a mile when its battery and mine died at the same time and I decided to go home and freeze tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment