Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Shot of Sultry


A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett (Sultry Springs #2)

I purchased the ebook from Barnes & Noble.

My review:


A desperate LA documentary filmmaker whose career is in tatters goes back to her childhood home in Texas to make a reality show called Sex in the Sticks. Things get delightfully complicated with her brother's best friend, who also just happens to be one of the two eligible bachelors she's following around with her camera crew. Trey has promised his buddy that he'll keep Bobbi out of trouble... and himself out of her shorts. Good luck with that, Trey.

I got some out-loud laughs out of this one, as well as a nice afternoon escape to a Texas summer. I loved the first Sultry Springs book and really enjoyed getting to know Trey and his backstory better. Macy Beckett writes a sweet and steamy romance but grounds it all in realistic characters with realistic issues. I love the supporting cast of Sultry Springs-- Judge Bea, Aunt Pru, Pastor McAdams (I think?)-- and will be looking forward to Surrender to Sultry, due to be released on August 1st.

Stars: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment