Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir by Bill Bryson

I downloaded the audiobook from the public library's OverDrive service (Publisher: Books on Tape).

My review:


Bill Bryson is back with his unique perspective on American life. This book, as indicated by the title, is a memoir of his growing-up years in Des Moines in the 1950s. It is more of a memoir of "childhood" or "kid world" than a strict autobiographical account, and Bryson brings his dry, affectionate, understated wit to bear on to one of the most cherished periods of American history.

This hilarious tour of "kid world" will resonate with anyone who was ever a child, whether or not they experienced that particular phase of life during the 1950s.

Stars: 5

Runability: 1


I tried running to this one, I really did, but I just can't run and laugh out loud at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment