Friday, June 14, 2013

Being Kendra

Being Kendra: Cribs, Cocktails, & Getting My Sexy Back by Kendra Wilkinson

I purchased the ebook when it was discounted through Barnes & Noble.

My review:


You don't pick up a book by Kendra Wilkinson expecting anything great in the sense of quality content OR literary merit. But if you go in with expectations of nothing more than a trashy tell-all, you may be surprised to find that it's not as bad as you thought.

I grabbed a copy of her first memoir, Sliding Into Home, a couple of years ago when a copy was donated at my workplace for the book sale. I wouldn't have paid money for it, but I couldn't resist finding out just how bad it was. While it was bad, and horrifying in parts, I did get some chuckles and found myself oddly respecting Kendra for some of her choices (SOME!!!).

Jared Shapiro must know his business, because the book is readable but the tone is all busy young woman; it doesn't read as ghost-written. I enjoyed getting a behind-the-scenes look at the writing and filming of "reality" shows and what it's like to prep for and attend a red-carpet event in Hollywood.

She talks a lot about her legions of "fans" and never hesitates to give advice on parenting, marriage, finances, nutrition, exercise, cell phone usage, or anything else. I did roll my eyes a lot. But for an easy, trashy, guilty-pleasure beach read, it was fun enough and worth my two bucks.

Stars: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment