Thursday, January 10, 2013

Making Waves


Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad

This was a freebie for Nook earlier this year.

From the Goodreads description:

"It's 1895, and spunky Marguerite Westing is thrilled to discover that her family will summer at Lake Manawa! Escaping her boring suitor, Roger, Marguerite stumbles upon two new loves---sailing and her instructor, Trip. But when her father's gambling threatens to ruin them all, will she marry Roger to save her family's name and fortune?"

My review, originally shared June 4, 2012:

 
Very fun! I wasn't sure that I would like this one, but I really did. The setting, a lake resort at the turn of the century, is perfect for a summer read. The heroine was spunky and believably flawed, and the other characters also had strengths and weaknesses and developed throughout the story. While it's a Christian book with a strong message, it doesn't drive it home with a sledgehammer like some Christian fiction. The characters were actually fun people who didn't make me want to gag, and the love story was the same way. I'll be reading the other Lake Manawa Summers books, too.

Stars: 4


I did end up purchasing the next two books in the series. They were perfect easy summer reads; I enjoyed these on my back deck at at the beach by the lake on my staycation. I'm looking forward to the May 1st release of Seilstad's next book, When Love Calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment